St. Vincent FerrerSt. Vincent Ferrer Catholic School History Since 1955
The parish of St. Vincent Ferrer was growing fast and, in the fall of 1954, the pastor Fr. Kellaghan became keenly aware of the urgent need for a school which would be a vital center in all parish activities as well as providing for the education of the children.
On May 10, 1955, the construction of St. Vincent Ferrer School began. On August 10, 1955, the Sisters of Mercy set sail from Ireland and arrived in West Palm Beach, Florida on August 25th. Classes began in the school on October 5, 1955.
The school flourished through the next decades as the Catholic population of St. Vincent Ferrer grew. Many additions have been made over the years to continually improve this special educational environment. Most recently, the development of our Family Life Center provides a place for recreation, socialization and education.
With many years of solid leadership within its administration and the devotion of the school’s faculty and staff, who unselfishly nurture the whole child, our families continue to be richly blessed.