Media Center Learning
The Accelerated Reader Program is a reading incentive program where students read books and take short quizzes which assess their reading comprehension. Each book is assigned a point value (AR Points) and these points are earned by completing the comprehension assessments.
Each grade level has a minimum point goal to work towards. Students that meet these goals will have their names displayed monthly on our AR STARS Bulletin Board outside of the Library. Book Bucks and Certificates will also be rewarded.
Please click the link for more information on the Book Bucks Program.Point Goals Per Grade Level:
- 8th – 8 points
- 7th – 7 points
- 6th – 6 points
- 5th – 5 points
- 4th – 4 points
- 3rd – 2 points for the 1st semester and then 3 points for the 2nd semester
- 2nd – 1 point for the 1st semester and then 2 points for the 2nd semester
- Students must pass at least 1 test per month with a minimum score of 70% in order to receive full participation.
- Grades will be posted halfway through the month.
- Students that have completed this requirement will receive a 100.
- Students that have not completed this requirement will receive a 0 in RenWeb until an AR test is taken and passed with the minimum required score (70%). At that time, their grade will change to a 100.
- Students that do not complete this requirement by the end of the month, will be given a book report template to complete in class for the highest grade of a 70%.
Students may check out a book from our school library each week. Many of the library books provided for the students at St. Vincent Ferrer have AR tests. Many books at our local public libraries and bookstores have quizzes which students are able to take during the school day. AR Book Finder is a website that assists students and parents in finding books that have AR tests.
Please feel free to contact me throughout the year with any questions or concerns you may have. The best way to reach me is by email.
IT Administrator/Media-Technology Specialist