Apple ID and Privacy
For students under 13, Apple IDs are requested from Apple by the school or school district. An email will then be sent to you from Apple asking a parent or guardian to review the Apple ID request form online. When the parent completes the request form, an Apple ID will then be created for the student. Apple IDs for students under 13 include the following features:
- Account settings, such as email address and date of birth, cannot be changed.
- No credit card is attached to the account at setup.
- Limit Ad Tracking is turned on for the account to ensure the student does not receive targeted advertising from Apple.
- Students can’t opt-in to receive marketing materials.
- A parent or guardian can be notified of any significant changes to the terms of the account.
Once your child reaches age 13, the Apple ID converts to a full account with full rights and privileges. Students can continue to access any classwork, notes, books, or apps associated with their Apple IDs.